Sunday, August 25, 2019

A Few Things to Know about Dr. Francis . . . 


Fraggle & Finn

My pups, Finn and Fraggle, pictured to the right, are quite spoiled. You might find me walking them around the quad later on an afternoon. The little one, Finn, is quite an aggressive kisser, so be prepared if you stop by to say hello. They are both rescues, with unclear parentage, but most likely they both have a little bit of Scottish Terrier in their mix. I had Scottish terriers when I was growing up. 


View of Scenic Alaska from the train

Traveling is something I've done throughout my life. This past summer, my college roommates and I celebrated our 50th birthdays by taking a cruise from Vancouver, Canada to Seward, Alaska. For the final leg of our journey, my friend Lisa and I took an amazingly scenic train ride from Seward to Anchorage, Alaska. I highly recommend travel, and I encourage you to take any opportunity you might have to visit new places. Study abroad is a wonderful experience that will expand your horizons like nothing else. 





Shelley's Handwritten Manuscript
of Frankenstein








As an English professor, English 101 is only one of the things I teach. My specialty is Medieval Literature, but I also teach courses on Shakespeare and other specialized topics. One of my favorite books is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. I first read it as a senior during my undergraduate studies at the University of Hawaii. I have since taught the book many times in classes about monsters and other topics. What's your favorite book?

I look forward to our semester together. Good luck during your first week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

STAYING AWAY FROM BAD CHOICES